Friday 7 March 2008

Today I met up with Anna Dumitriu, Director of the Institute of Unnecessary Research and Artist in Residence at Sussex University's Centre for Computational Neuroscience and Robotics. She was really inspiring and gave me some interesting comments on the boundaries between art and science.

She has offered to act as a contact between myself and the team at Informatics, to see if any of them have a swarm system I can map over. I would really like to have a system from within the university to build a link between the science and art sides of the campus, as well as merging the two in my work.

This afternoon I have also been to a talk given by Lizbeth Goodman, Director of the SMARTlab Digital Media Institute. She spoke on the technologies the lab has developed for minority groups, including the severely disabled, to access digital media. Though not wholly relevant to my project it was interesting to hear about the scope of digital technologies, especially in relation to inputs such as eye-tracking.

No comments: