Tuesday 15 January 2008

Had a meeting with Mary today in her office hour. Now I'm totally confused! But in a good way I think.

Towards the end of last term Cath and I were asked to consider creating some kind of visual presence in the MSU hallways for the degree show. This project was completely separate from out project submissions. Now, Mary has suggested that I combine the two, making my project print-based; creating something material from a digital source.

Little bit concerned about creating an installation when the course guide makes out that that is really not allowed, but Mary has okayed it so I can't be penalized on that front.

I have some practical concerns: Can I get printing or die-cutting done on such a large scale? How much will it cost? Where in MSU can I put the work? Is it even feasible?!

Also, I'm not sure how keen I am on producing a range of small images - I liked the sense of immersion I was trying to produce with my animation and want to create that with print if I move to that medium.

No comments: