Wednesday 16 January 2008

My Brendan Dawes book has arrived!

Maybe this will help me get into my head that 'Digital Media' is not just Flash and Dreamweaver, which is what I feel I've been taught, but can be anything!

As Mary suggested, I've been looking into Processing as an alternative software for producing generative art. I like it - it's so cute! Really simple - it's just a case of learning how to work it! I've been flicking through the e-guide that we have: 'Processing: a programming handbook for visual designers and artists' in the hope of working it out...

I've also been looking at Jared Tarbell's Gallery of Computation which has some amazing stuff on it, and a lot of source code! Yay - I love the open source movement! I'm going to spending the next few days playing with his code and trying to make it work with my own stuff in it.

No comments: