Thursday 24 January 2008









I've come across an amazing conference which unfortunately started today in Berlin :( It's called 'Generator X' and looks at 'software and generative strategies in art and design'. Most interesting to me is the stuff on 'computational architecture' which brings generative art into the built environment, like my project will. The bottom picture here is the work of Jared Tarbell. He gave some little wooden kits of the these designs out at Flash on the Beach but I didn't get one :( Note to self: next time sit at the front!

This morning I measured the stairwell, using string! Got some very funny looks from some visitors looking round the facilities! Now I can email measurements to Nev, the guy who will do my printing at Mum's work, and talk to my partner Rob, who works at a builder's merchants where they hire out ladders and scaffold towers, about options for getting stuff on the walls.

I've also been looking for other 'artists' using Processing, to start looking at some different styles and broaden my ideas on what is possible within the software.

No comments: